- HazCom labeling poster
- Madison Med Sci fire
- Lifting loads and pregnant employees
- AIHA publishes stand on mold in buildings
- Bilingual ladder safety guidance
- Employee dies on job
- NIOSH recommends CNT/ CNF limits
- Voice Activated
- Nanomaterial risk management practices
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission and Social Media
- Hazard assessment: Santa
- UC lab safety improvements
- Safety grant opportunity for campuses
- White Paper on PCBs in Buildings
- Some ANSI standards now free to read
- OSHA wants injury data online
Some ANSI standards now free to read
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) recently launched the ANSI IBR Portal, an online tool for free, read-only access to voluntary consensus standards that have been incorporated by reference (IBR) into federal laws and regulations.
In recent years, the requirement that standards that have been incorporated into federal laws and regulations be “reasonably available” to those affected by these rules had led some to call for the invalidation of copyrights for IBR standards.
In response to these concerns, ANSI began to develop its IBR Portal, with the goal of providing a single solution to this issue.
IBR standards hosted on the portal are available exclusively as read-only files. Read more.