Training Areas & Topics
- Contracting 101
- Relationships with support organizations
- Health Services Issues - HIPAA, ACA
- State Authorization & Distance Learning
- Open Meetings & Public Records
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Harassment and Supervisors
- Hiring, Recruitment
- Managing high risk areas (FMLA, etc.)
- Clery Act
- Title IX
- Handling at-risk students
- UWS Chapter 14 and 17 training
The Office of General Counsel has a strong commitment to preventive law and frequently offers training to its clients across the UW System. Such training has included workshops on interpreting disciplinary rules, training student conduct committees, dean and department chair training, workshops on public records and open meetings, and many others. In addition, the Office of General Counsel sponsors UW Law Days, a comprehensive System-wide conference on legal issues for UW System administrators.
Below is a selection of training recently offered to administrators on UW campuses. To request training on your campus, please contact Deputy General Counsel Chris Ashley at 608-262-3662.