- Employee safety awards: UW-Stout
- Improved air in SE Wisconsin
- UW-Superior recovery update
- ACS publishes report on safety culture in academia
- UW-Madison Union fire
- Two Eau Claire students perish in fire
- Clean Harbors Buys Safety-Kleen
- Hazardous Waste Electronic Manifest
- UW-Platteville meth fire
- Upright workstations
- Lead (Pb) limits called inadequate
- Free fire safety training available
- Parkside apartment fire
- HazCom labeling poster
- Madison Med Sci fire
- Lifting loads and pregnant employees
- AIHA publishes stand on mold in buildings
- Bilingual ladder safety guidance
- Employee dies on job
- NIOSH recommends CNT/ CNF limits
Employee safety awards: UW-Stout
Five UW-Stout employees recently received a Safety Recognition Award. The awards, in their second year, recognize employees who demonstrate above-and-beyond safe work practices and help create a safety-conscious culture on campus.
Recipients receive an award plaque from the Chancellor at a small awards ceremony at the end of the academic year.
The awards are sponsored by the campus Safety & Worker Compensation Committee, and offer a way to visibly promote safety by recognizing employee's safety efforts when they exceed expectations. Any employee or supervisor can nominated another employee for the award. The committee also publicizes the award recipients through an on-line news article (see the article with this year's recipients) and press release to local newspapers.