- Board of Regents Approve Three New Policies
- UPS to be Reviewed by the UW Board of Regents at December Meeting
- Stakeholder Feedback on Proposed Implementation Decisions (October 2012)
- Stakeholder Feedback on Initial Recommendations
- Final UPS Proposed Implementation Decisions Are Posted!
- Meeting Minutes Posted
- UPS to Be Discussed at March 8, 2012 Board of Regents Meeting
- March Meeting Minutes Posted
- Final Summary of Current State Assessments
- Work Group Members Announced!
Regents Approve UPS
(Posted December 18, 2012)
On December 7, 2012, the UW Board of Regents approved three new Board of Regents Policies:
- an overarching policy on University Personnel Systems,
- a policy providing shared governance rights to University Staff (currently classified staff), and
- a unified code of ethics policy for all UW-System employees.
Additionally, the Board of Regents endorsed the initial operational policies for the personnel system for all UW System institutions except for UW-Madison. UW-Madison will bring its operational polices for Board review at future meeting.
The Board’s overarching policy on University Personnel Systems and selected operational policies need to be approved by the Joint Committee on Employment Relations (JCOER) before taking effect on July 1, 2013. The Board policies on University Staff governance and the code of ethics for all UW System employees will be implemented on July 1, 2013, but do not require JCOER approval.
The Board of Regents Business, Finance, and Audit committee, and the full Board, accepted the UW-Madison HR Design Strategic Plan for a New Human Resources System. This plan for a new personnel system for UW-Madison was authorized by the legislature, was reviewed and approved by UW-Madison governance groups, and will be administered under the overarching policy that was approved by the Board of Regents on December 7, 2012.
A great deal of very good work has been accomplished over the past year. It could not have been accomplished without the UPS Task Force, UPS Steering Committee, the work group members, and stakeholders. There is still a great deal of work to be accomplished between now and July 1, 2013 and beyond as work continues on the new personnel systems policies and practices.
For the full report, check out the news summary.